The digital society is where computers and people meet and make the world a bit better.
What makes a city attractive for new companies to settle?
Researchers have simulated neural activity based on the unique structural architecture of individual brain tumor patients using a platform called The Virtual Brain.
- Workpath - Workpath
- The Guardian - Virtual reality headsets could put children’s health at risk
- New York Times - From Hands to Heads to Hearts
- SingularityHub - Bridging the Mental Healthcare Gap With Artificial Intelligence
- New York Times - The Difference Between Rationality and Intelligence
- PRNewswire - U.S. Government Agencies Report Progress in Move to Digital Government, but Concerns about Security and Other Challenges Remain, Unisys Survey Shows
- Financial Times - Blockchain can create financial sector jobs as well as kill them
- Aeon - The World Wide Cage
- The Guardian - How technology disrupted the truth
The dream of the flying car could come down to earth before it gets off the ground. Rising in its place: a network of self-flying drones big enough to ferry individual commuters around town.
Biologists have been experimenting with building materials made with living organisms for years. When will they be used to build our cities?
- Fast Co.Design - The Quest To Grow Cities From Scratch
- Las Vegas Review Journal - UNLV team captures Smart Cities Hackathon contest
- Computer World - Barcelona faces the challenge to make its smart city truly smart
- Computer World - Experts tout 'small' data that gets results in smart cities
- IT Business Edge - How Communities Are Using Smart Building and Smart City Technology
- The Guardian - We can’t allow the tech giants to rule smart cities
Long Reads and Essays
Does the Internet provide an unlimited amount of freedom or is it really an illusion and are we less free than we were before the birth of the World Wide Web?
http://bit.ly/2beLeBXhttp://bit.ly/2beLeBX http://idwell.eu/index.php/idwell-consultancy/author-digital-curator/http://idwell.eu/index.php/idwell-consultancy/author-digital-curator/ Back to Digital Curator | Back to Digital Society |
Technology can help you read more in less time. The question is if that is actually helpful or are these innovations hurting your comprehension?
Google is a strong believer of gathering data and keep on analysing and learning. Their HR department has been researching what makes teams succesful
Innovation isn’t all hard work or dumb luck: It’s about paying attention.
Research into Scarcity and the perception of not having enough (money, time, attention) shows adverse effects on cognitive skills and human capabilities to deal
Through a series of stories, Cleese spoke of the importance of succumbing to the unconscious mind, two key traits possessed by highly successful creative people, the necessity of allowing for contemplative thinking, and why all of these together result in creative breakthroughs.
At many leading-edge enterprises, a new form of organization is emerging-one that is simultaneously innovative and efficient, agile and scalable. It is a way of working that focuses on knowledge production.
The Internet is a valuable source of information. According to Nicholas Carr there is a dark side: the Internet makes us dumber and unable to think deeply.
Is management or business administration really a science? Or is most of the management literature just waste of time?