Digital strategy or digital transformation is about using technology to gain competitive advantage and create new business models or new ways of getting things done.
Article by The Financial Brand about the need to address cultural change as an (maybe the most) important aspect of digital transformation in banking and financial services.
The role of technology in relation to the value chain explained by the example of Amazon and Walmart
Many managers and consultants approach organizations as if it is a closed and mechanical system. They expect to be able to freeze the organization, do a major change and then unfreeze to get the expected results. The acquisition of an innovative company in order to eject their mindset and culture into the organization is an example of that approach. Getting an interior designer to change the office into a Google playground is a similar idea. It doesn’t work that way. Organizations are more like open and organic systems. Rather than using surgery to replace unwanted parts, you can better teach …
Should we just give up on IT departments?
When I started as a freelance consultant I was searching for the right angle to present myself to potential clients. One of my first engagement meetings was with an IT director that I got introduced to through my network. When I introduced myself as an experienced consultant in IT, he immediately dived into the technical ins-and-outs of his datacenter. I realized that IT has a descriptive term is perceived as very technical. And I am not that technical. So, I went out looking for a better term to describe my field of expertise and ended up with the Digital Organization. …
Corporate culture has been identified by employees as one of the biggest hurdles to becoming a digital organization, according to research by Capgemini.
Successful transformations seem to have 3 main steps in common: identify a crisis, start a revolution and enable evolution
The benefits of improved customer experience can be fleeting unless changes to supporting back-end operations are made, as well. Digital is reshaping customer experience in almost every sector.
Managers have a tendency to belittle the people we see as “resistant to change” – the employees who don’t change fast enough.
What Does IT Business Value Look Like? – ITChronicles Question: Why do we struggle so much in understanding and demonstrating VALUE with IT? Notice I did not say WITHIN IT. This is not simply an IT issue. It crosses the CHASM that is held in place by both Business & IT. In this article I will be focusing on ITSM value, not broader IT value.
- The Next Web - Emails demise raises security concerns about messaging
- O'Reilly - The evolution of DevOps
- ComputerWorld - The ‘cobots’ are coming. Is your IT team ready?
- ComputerWorld - With robots on the job, it won't be IT as usual
- Strategy+Business - 10 Principles of Strategy through Execution
- MIT Sloan Management Review - Don’t Forget the Basics in Digital Transformation
- Harvard Business Review - You Need to Manage Digital Projects for Outcomes, Not Outputs
- Information Week - There’s No 'Thing' You Can Do to Be Agile
- Strategy+Business - Four Business Models for the Digital Age
- Knowledge@Wharton - The Digital Leader: Self-transformation for Long-term Success
- MIT Sloan Management Review - How to Develop a Great Digital Strategy