What makes a city attractive for new companies to settle?
Design of a funky jungle city in Malaysia
A mobile and a static approach to sensing air pollution combined to create a real time map of air quality
The dream of the flying car could come down to earth before it gets off the ground. Rising in its place: a network of self-flying drones big enough to ferry individual commuters around town.
Biologists have been experimenting with building materials made with living organisms for years. When will they be used to build our cities?
More links on Smart CIties
- Fast Company - The Quest To Grow Cities From Scratch
- Las Vegas Review Journal - UNLV team captures Smart Cities Hackathon contest
- Computer World - Barcelona faces the challenge to make its smart city truly smart
- Computer World - Experts tout 'small' data that gets results in smart cities
- IT Business Edge - How Communities Are Using Smart Building and Smart City Technology
- The Guardian - We can’t allow the tech giants to rule smart cities
- New York Times - The Internet of Way Too Many Things
- Smart Cities Council - Smart Cities Solutions