Every autumn Gartner brings a series of predictions on the near and further future. They claim that 80% of their predictions have come true. It is always interesting to investigate what Gartner thinks will happen. Specific when you can see the underlying trends and how that would effect the way we organize.
The shortlist of trends:
- Bring Your Own Device will become Bring Your Own Enhancement, like VR-glasess and other forms of augemented reality devices and wearables.
- AI and other forms of technology will make it far easier for people with some kind of disability to join the workforce
- The ease of digital shopping will create a new level of problems for society and governments will have to act to deal with the growing debt and addictions
- The AI supported identification of emotions will drive advertisement
- A new kind of Internet of Behavior will link people with actions
- Workers will orchestrate their own playlist of enterprise services (business applications, micro-services, plugins and integrations)
- People with a smartphone but without a bank-account can pay using a cryptocurrency account
- World news and video content will be authenticated through blockchain technology
- Governements will have to regulate AI and machine-learning or at least the sector will find a way to self-regulate
- Digital transformation initiatives will take twice as long and will cost twice as much for large enterprises
- Title: Making the HoloLens 2: Advanced AI built Microsoft’s vision for ubiquitous computing
- Written by John Roach
- Published: 7 November 2019 by Microsoft